Thursday, 7 March 2013

Fabulous Nails #30

I can't believe it's Thursday already, this week is flying by! I am happily settling in to my new department at work and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself - long may it continue! I am also loving the sunshine and milder weather conditions, it really feels like Spring is just around the corner! If you're a long time follower of Bee's Knees you might know that my no. 1 nail varnish brand is Barry M, but I have been experimenting with Revlon and loving them (read about my all time favourite red nail varnish HERE) and also Models Own. Today's nails are a blend of Barry M and Models Own!


I love this nail look - I bought the Models Own Freak Out when it was on offer at Boots (buy one get one half price - I also got Snowflakes) but wasn't sure how to wear it. I decided to pick out the blue rather than the pink holographic pieces using the base colour and I really like the result!



I used Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Blue Plum as the base colour - I do like the Gelly polishes but I'm not entirely sure why they're priced £1 above the usual Barry M nail paints.. they are a bit thicker but don't last particularly long on me.



Overall I was super happy with this Models Own polish - it's so different and unlike everything I've ever seen before or owned. I think it could be pretty versatile too, pairing it with a lighter blue would make it bang on trend for S/S13!

You can buy Models Own polishes from Boots  (currently 2 for £8) or on their website for £5. Barry M Gelly Hi Shine polishes retail from £3.99 and can be bought most places, including Boots  (save £1 when you buy two at the moment!) and online.

What do you think to these holographic nails? Are you a fan of Models Own?
xx


10 comments:

  1. That Models Own polish is gorgeous! They do such good glittery nail varnishes for top coats.

    Sophie xo | thatswhatsophiesaid

    ReplyDelete
  2. They work really really well together here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so, thanks for commenting!
      xx

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing! Definitely trying this out :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it Jade Marie :)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Oh wow that's gorgeous! How's the glitter to remove? It looks like it wouldn't be too bad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as bad as the really dense polishes with tiny glitter, you just need to soak the nail in an acetone-based polish :)
      xx

      Delete