Sunday 31 March 2013

Empties #2

Wow so this is only my second ever empties post - if you fancy reading my first from mid-February click HERE. I quite like reading other bloggers' empties posts, so I'm trying my hardest to remember to keep my empty products so I can keep up doing my own! They're a good way of seeing which products people are actually using all the way to the end and whether any will be repurchased. So here are my recent empties:


The tiny vial you can see top left is Liz Earle Botanical Essence No 15 - and I adore it! I am a big fan of the musky, earthy tones of the perfume and I would love to own it but it's just a little out of my price range at the moment! I recommend giving it a try if you're on the market for a new scent though.

I wasn't as sad as I should have been to finish up my Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Parfum - this is my all time favourite scent and the most repurchased perfume for me ever. However, my Mum bought Dot for me as a Christmas present and I was so so keen to try it - I think in the last couple of weeks I probably used about twice as much of Daisy as I would normally out of sheer impatience! But now it's gone I do miss it. I'm not sure whether I will repurchase right away because I'm enjoying trying some new scents, like Dot and I fancy checking out the new Daisy Eau so Fresh for summer. Very old review post HERE.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter is possibly my longest running HG item in the history of me using moisturiser (so let's say around 12 years - wow I feel old). I cannot adaquately put into words how much I love this product - it is amazing and works so well for me! I use this every day on the keratosis pilaris (aka annoying red spotty dry skin) on the backs of my arms and have done for years and years. Using this religiously combined with regular exfoliation has all but banished my keratosis pilaris and now I almost have regular arms! WOOHOO. That in itself is enough to justify the fact that I repurchase this like a madwoman, and currently have about 3 more massive pump top tubs in my 'spare products' basket. LOVE. Embarassingly old review HERE.

My Soap & Glory Clean Girls shower gel has been on the go since November, so it's lasted a pretty decent amount of time! I really like S&G shower gels - you get a nice big product, a convenient pump and you're guaranteed a nice scent regardless of which actual gel you select. I've used a few in the past have found them all brilliant and great value for money. I won't be repurchasing Clean Girls simply because I have a couple of other S&G shower gels in my basket waiting to be used, but I recommend it.

Honourable mention for my cheap and cheerful Sainsburys own brand nail varnish remover. In all honesty I don't pick and choose between nail varnish removers - I'm probably a bad beauty blogger because I don't even pay attention to whether I'm buying something that's got acetone in it or not. However this one was cheap and did the job fine, so well done Sainsburys.

White Glo is my go-to toothpaste and has been for a couple of years now. I've even got my sister and the boyfriend onto the stuff! Although my teeth aren't as white as they could/should be (I need to top up with some Crest White Strips soon!) this toothpaste keeps them pretty pearly, tastes nice, is always on offer in Boots, and because it comes with a toothbrush it means I always have spares for houseguests! Click HERE for my review.

Sally Hansen Insta Dri is seriously one of my desert island products. I do not know how I would cope without this product - it changed the way I do my nails! It's the best fast dry topcoat I've used and I've repurchased this so many times. I recommend it to everyone if you haven't tried it before.

Finally this little sample of Liz Earle Moisturiser was sent to me when I placed an order for a few cleansers - it took me a good 6-8 weeks to finish it, which is mighty impressive for a tiny sample! This moisturiser has been saving my skin throughout the winter, and I've been planning a proper review post for a while so watch this space.

If nothing else this post has made me realise I may need to 're-review' some of my all time favourite products as the links to reviews are almost 2 years old and from the bad old days of poor photography. Thank goodness Bee's Knees has improved since then!

What products have you finished up recently?
xx

ps. a little reminder that items in my BLOG SALE are all 3 for the price of 2 (cheapest item free) until midnight tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. Palmers moisturizer's do seem to last for forever don't they, they are so good though, they certainly help me out with my dry skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do - such a staple for my dry skin though :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Daisy is my favourite! I'm also really liking Dot as well. :)

    Oh, and I have that exact same quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha what a coincidence! Aimy you have impeccable taste ;)
      xx

      Delete