Thursday 14 March 2013

Balance Me Rose Otto Intensive Lip Salve

Okay, it's confession time! Before trying this lip salve, I had never even heard of the Balance Me brand before! I think this came free with a magazine (probably Glamour), I probably wouldn't have even picked it up off the shelf otherwise as it retails for £12 which is a touch extortionate for a lip balm in my opinion.


Balance Me is marketed as a natural company that uses natural ingredients, and so I was quite excited to try this lip salve. As you can see, the claim on the packaging is that this will plump, smooth and hydrate your lips.


Here's the nozzle - simply squeeze out the amount you'd like to use and slather all over your lips. The first thing I noticed about this product is that a little goes a very long way. And so every though you 'only' get 10ml, it's likely to last you a long long time. I think mine has lasted me almost a year now!


The lip salve itself is a very sticky substance, as you can see above. It gives quite a glossy finish once applied to the lips, which was something I liked. I'm not sure how well this would work under lipstick though.


As I mentioned, I have now been using this lip salve on and off for about a year (I keep it on my desk at work). My verdict is that it's a nice, sweet smelling natural lip salve that was a good freebie from a magazine. But that's about where my praise ends. I wasn't impressed with the soothing qualities of this product, it didn't seem to make much difference at all to my chapped lips and I needed to apply almost 10 times a day just to keep my lips from going dry. It's safe to say I will not be repurchasing, as this is by no means a HG item and I feel that I would only ever really spend £12 on a lip salve that was a show stopping HG!

If you'd like to try Balance Me Rose Otto Intensive Lip Salve, you can purchase at online stores including HERESo it's back to my trusty Nuxe balm for me. If you haven't seen my Nuxe review you can read it HERE.

Have you tried Balance Me before? How did you find their products?
xx


Follow via: hellocotton  Bloglovin  Bloggers   Twitter   Facebook

2 comments:

  1. It's a shame this wasn't great as I've actually heard some really good things about the Balance Me products, especially things like their hand creams. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the ethos of the brand so I wouldn't mind trying something else from the range :-) xx

      Delete