Thursday 11 April 2013

Moroccan Oil Frizz Control Spray


So I have been using this product for a long time now, and this review is well overdue! I originally bought this from Buyapowa for ~£16 which is a couple of pounds off the usual price (around £18.65 on Feel Unique). For that money you get 100ml which may not sound like a lot, but I'm just over halfway through my bottle and I've been using it almost every day for 6 months!



The Moroccan Oil packaging is pretty iconic, stands out and the combination of turquoise and orange identifies the brand instantly. The reason I chose to buy the Frizz Control Spray over the original treatment is because I have short curly hair and I thought a spray would be easy to squirt onto my hair before scrunching it in. In practice I actually spray this into my hand (3-4 squirts) and then apply it to my hair. I think having a spray is a good way to avoid getting too much product on your hands, and making a greasy mess!



I think all Moroccan Oil products come in glass packaging, which is as you'd expect for the price point. I do love a glass container, it makes me feel that little bit more special and makes the product feel more high end.

As I said, I have been using this every day for 6 months now and I can firmly say that I love this product! No surprises there, I am well aware of the massive hype over Moroccan Oil but I have to say I was surprised to love it as much as I do! The majority of the other reviews I've seen are from bloggers with straight hair, so I was curious as to how this would work for my curls. I apply this product at the end of my hair styling routine, usually right before I walk out of the door. That means my hair has already had mousse on it, been scrunched, blow dried and then I apply this about 15 minutes after the blow dry. I only use a small amount and apply it directly to the ends of my hair by scrunching the curls up (curly girls you'll know what I mean).



I find the oil removes any excess dryness or frizz from the ends of my hair which might have been caused by the blow dry, and it also gives it a little bit of extra hold which is helpful, especially on windy days! Instead of the wind blowing my curls out and making them frizzy, when I use the Moroccan Oil the wind blows my intact curls around, so it's easier to sort the whole mess out when I get indoors. I hope this makes sense to the curly girls reading this! As it's been so windy the past couple of months, this particular aspect of the product has really appealed to me.

Another bonus was my hairdresser's comments on the condition of my hair last time I saw her - she said I have less split ends and breakages which can only be down to this product, as it was the only change in my routine. I'm really happy about this as I've been dying my hair since February and it's important to keep it in good condition. The final thing I love about Moroccan Oil is the smell - I understand a lot of other bloggers have said they don't like it but I really do like it, and it lingers on the hair for a couple of hours after application which is nice!

So overall a wonderful product that has helped my hair in so many different ways since I started using it. I won't repurchase this for the time being as I have a couple of other hair oils waiting in the wings to be tried, but once they're used up I will be buying another Moroccan Oil Frizz Control Spray as I think it's well worth the money! This is available for £18.65 from Feel Unique HERE.

Have you tried Moroccan Oil before? What do you think?
xx


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love Moroccan Oil products! But I find that pure argan oil works better for my hair

    Hayfa
    http://chic-and-cliche.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/HayfaMk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that yet :-) thanks for commenting! xx

      Delete