Saturday 18 June 2011

I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills..

I've bought a few staples for my work wardrobe recently that I've been looking forward to sharing with you.
First up is this cute basic black belted cardigan from Mango. I tried on about 2 dozen different black cardigans in my pursuit of the perfect one and finally settled on this, for several reasons. Firstly, it's 95% cotton which means it won't bobble (I HATE it when that happens!) Secondly, its got a belt which means I can wear it over a pencil skirt and pull it in at the waist to maintain a nice silhouette. Thirdly & finally, it has POCKETS! I'm eternally craving pockets to put my bits and bobs in, so this will definitely prove useful at work. A relative bargain at just under £25, I'm sure I'll get plenty of wear out of this wardrobe staple.
This is an adorable blue cowl neck vest from H&M. I fell in love at first sight with the colour of this top, and when I tried it on and it was a perfect fit I was delighted! Ridiculously good value for money at £7.99, it's made from a lovely soft jersey material making it ideal for teaming with a skirt in the summer months.
Also from H&M is this basic black pencil skirt. I'm a bit of a funny shape when it comes to pencil skirts, and often find the high street doesn't make the waist measurement small enough to fit me, but this one slipped right on and fit like a glove! It's made of a really nice suit-like material, which is a pleasant surprise as it was only £14.99!
From Mango at ASOS is this brown belted skirt which I bought in the sale. I really love the warm tone of this skirt, which I think makes it ideal for wearing in either summer or winter, as it'd look equally nice with tan or black tights! A steal at £24, this is a stylish update for my work wardrobe! Linky!
Finally, I also bought this linen pencil skirt from ASOS for £24! This one's a bit of a longer length which is nice as for more important business meetings I sometimes feel a bit 'young' when I'm wearing an above the knee skirt. It's a lovely snug fit and gorgeous linen material, and fits me perfectly! Linky!

What are your work wardrobe staples? Do you have a particular skirt length you prefer on those power dressing days?
xx

1 comment:

  1. Love Mango, half of my wardrobe is Mango clothes, :), great haul, thanks for sharing...:)

    ReplyDelete