Sunday 5 June 2011

Working nine to five, what a way to make a living...

As promised, here are the bits and pieces I picked up a couple of weeks ago from Dorothy Perkins for my work wardrobe. I've been very busy recently so it's taking a while for me to get around to posting about things, but I'm getting there eventually!
First up is this gorgeous 50s style linen skirt. The photo doesn't do this justice at all (plus I'm not much of an ironing person, so it's a little creased from being transported!).. but it's a lovely fit and hangs beautifully. Perfect for tucking a cute blouse into and wearing with some classic courts. £23. Linky!
 
A cute blouse like this one perhaps! I think this sold out super fast on the website as I can't get a link to it - sadface. But it was an absolute bargain at £15 in the sale. I love the adorable pussybow and the colour is divine - wearable in summer and also to spice up an otherwise dull winter look I think!
 
I LOVE this dress. Again, the photo doesn't do it justice but it's fitted like a shift dress at the top and then has lots of material that flares out at the waist. Gives me a silhouette that's to die for, which is a bonus! A bit more expensive at £50, I'd recommend paying that little bit more for your work clothes as its important you feel good in them. Linky!
Another gorgeous (but unironed) dress is this unique little red number. Its a perfect fit but a bit more structured than the other dresses, I plan on wearing it to the office with a beige/neutral blazer and nude pumps. An absolute steal at £30 in the sale, I can see me bringing this little number out of the wardrobe summer after summer. Linky!
 
Last but most definitely not least is this showstopping black and white stripe dress. I adore this dress - it fits me like a glove and makes me feel really... powerful? Power dressing is the way forward! It's made of a luscious light fabric so will be essential wear on those warm summer days when the Tube is crammed full of sweaty commuters! I think this will look so classy with a simple black blazer and courts. Again a bit pricier at £45 but I think this dress looks much more high end so its worth the initial investment! Linky!

Where are your favourite places to shop for workwear? Do you have separate summer and winter wardrobes?
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment