Friday 16 September 2011

E.L.F. mega haul #3 - mineral eyeshadow

After a minor delay, this is the third instalment of my E.L.F. mega haul. You'll find the first and second ones earlier in my blog. This week I'm posting about the amazing Mineral Eyeshadows. I'm already a massive fan of mineral make up, I use Lily Lolo foundation (click here for LL website), finishing powder & blusher on a daily basis and think it does wonders for my skin! So you can imagine how eager I was to try the E.L.F. eyeshadows, given that they're a bargain at £3.00 each! Click here to visit the E.L.F. website and see for yourself.
The eyeshadows are very similar in size and general appearance to the Lily Lolo eyeshadows I own (which retail at £5.29 each). Like most mineral eyeshadows they come in a small pot with a little filter popped on top to control the amount of product that's deposited. Overall I think the packaging and the style of the pot is very good for the price.
Here are Temptress, Sweet & Caffeinated swatched on my arm in that order bottom -> top.  I find using Tempress as a base and Sweet as a sort of highlighter in the corners of my eyes closest to my nose gives a lovely natural & subtle effect. I haven't really used Caffeinated yet as it's a little dark for daytime use.
Here are Enchanting & Trendy swatched on my arm in the same order (top -> bottom). I love Enchanted but I think it's a bit too shimmery for daytime wear, whereas Trendy is just right - on its own or used with other neutrals to give a subtle smokey eye.
Overall I really like the quality of these eyeshadows and you get plenty of product for your money! Although as a general rule drugstore brands don't do matte shadows well, these are an exception to that rule. The shimmer shadows are absolutely gorgeous and nicely pigmented but the matte ones also give great colour payoff and last all day if used in conjunction with the E.L.F. eyelid primer. I'm very impressed with the packaging, the product and the value and would happily recommend these!
 xx

No comments:

Post a Comment