Sunday 11 September 2011

Show me your TEETH

I used to have massive self confidence issues about my teeth. They were yellow and I just HATED seeing them, so I used to do this awkward sort of half smile, showing as little tooth as possible. That all changed and now I pride myself on my non-yellow teeth. Hey, they're not perfect Hollywood white but that'd look creepy anyway! Here are my two tips to getting a whiter smile:
I use Crest Whitestrips imported from America. They contain too much bleach to be sold in the UK so I purchase mine from eBay sellers, however don't let this scare you - they are perfectly safe. I've used them twice now (once a year), twice a day for a 14 day period and despite having sensitive teeth I've had very few issues with them. They do make my teeth a teeny bit more sensitive to cold and hot things, but that usually only lasts for a few days, whereas the results of the whitening last much longer. Overall a worthy sacrifice in my opinion. They are essentially strips you apply to your top and bottom teeth, leave on for (a drooly) 30 minutes and then remove and brush any residue off. As I said, repeat this twice a day for a fortnight and hey presto! White teeth. Simple. And cheap if you go down the eBay route. Linky!
As a top-up to my annual at-home whitening, I now use White Glo toothpaste. This toothpaste has only recently come on sale in the UK, I think its an Australian brand, but I can't recommend it enough. I bought mine when I worked at Boots (3 for the price of 2 - can't argue with that!) and you get a toothpaste, a toothbrush and a toothpick all for around £4! I use the 'Professional Choice' one but there are different types on sale, including one specially designed for coffee drinkers. I like the taste of this in comparison to other brands I've tried (here's looking at you, weird tasting Beverly Hills Formula!) and my sister tells me my teeth are whiter every time I see her! Score! Definitely recommended as a top-up to annual whitening. Linky!
xx

1 comment:

  1. I’m happy that you got good result. :) Have you tried any whitening kits? I can recommend you to test Stella white strips if you want to have really white teeth, it’s worth it ;)

    ReplyDelete