Wednesday 21 November 2012

I Want Never Gets... festive party shoes

If you're a long time reader of Bee's Knees you might remember an old series called 'I Want Never Gets..'. I discontinued the series around a year or so ago as I was struggling to find the time to blog after just starting my new job, but I've decided to bring it back! I really enjoy reading wishlist posts on other people's blogs, and shouldn't you always write blog content that you'd want to read yourself? Anyway, on with the show.

This week I'm featuring festive party shoes, which I hope will be useful to those of you with upcoming Christmas parties to attend, or perhaps early birds looking for New Year outfit ideas.


First up are these absolutely divine Rocketdog court shoes. I don't know about you but at the moment I am going crazy for glitter nail varnish, and I can imagine these sparkly beauties looking fabulous with a chic black party dress and matching glitter nails! Or you could wear them dressed down to a Christmas pub session with skinnies! A sensible heel (in my opinion, you should see some of my shoes!) and a classic shape means although covered in attention-grabbing glitter, these shoes don't look tacky or 'too much'. £48 from Brantano Click!


If you're attending your work Christmas party and need something a little more simple and sophisticated, I love these patent/satin peep toe heels. Very demure! I would style these with a sequin or glittery dress for a real 'party' look, or with a gorgeous fitted shift dress for a classic and timeless outfit choice. Very versatile and definitely shoes you could bring out year after year, at only £26 they're quite a bargainous wardrobe staple. Click!


Another classic shoe - these lace detail peep toes would also be easy to wear with most party outfits this season. If you don't have much cash to splash and are invited to several parties, it might be an idea to invest in some staple heels you can wear with different styles of dresses to save a few pennies. I think these would look great with skinnies too. £28 from Brantano Click!

Finally, if like me heels are a no-go area for you this year, here are a couple of cute flats that might float your boat instead. Although it's likely I'll be off crutches by the time party season rolls around, it might be some time until I'm allowed to wear heels again because of my knee surgery. So I'll be pairing my festive dresses with some simple but stylish ballet flats like these two, £20 and £15.

Have you planned your festive party outfits yet? Are you going for the all-out glitter, sequins & sparkle look or a more toned down classic vibe?

(Supported by Brantano)
xx

ps. Bee's Knees now has a Facebook page! Please 'Like' if you want to be kept up to date on all the latest happenings on my little blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment