Monday 20 May 2013

SAVE don't SPEND #14

Hi everyone! I haven't quite had the spends-free week I had hoped for - le sigh. I need to start saving money soon otherwise I won't be able to do some of the exciting things I have planned for the rest of the year!


Monday
NOTHING
£0.00 - total

Tuesday
4.95 - lunch
1.12 - Boots
£6.07 - total

Wednesday
4.95 - lunch
4.50 - Holland & Barrett food shop
13.00 - takeaway
£22.45 - total

Thursday
4.00 - lunch
£4.00 - total 

Friday
30.00 - Boots (contact lens solutions and birthday present for the bestie)
20.00 - Boots (nail polish and lipstick, woops!)
£30.00 - total
£20.00 - naughty total

Saturday
20.00 - Nandos
20.00 - M&S (underwear and tights, yawn)
£40.00 - total

Sunday
12.00 - Sainsburys food shop
100.00 - train tickets
£112.00 - total

TOTAL: £214.52
NAUGHTY TOTAL: £20.00

This is the THIRD week in a row that I have spent way over my £80 budget, and it's so annoying that yet again it's because I've had to buy train tickets! In my family we have a cluster of 4-5 birthdays in June/July that I've had to buy train tickets to travel home for, which has obviously cost a small fortune this week. Add to that my naughty Boots trip on Friday (I went to collect a prescription and left with a lighter purse - haul post coming soon!) and I didn't have the spending-free week I hoped for! I'm going to try my hardest to bring in my lunches this week at work, and reign in other spends to hopefully bring down the total for next week. Finger's crossed! 

Are you trying to save money? How is it going for you?
xx


2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel with the train tickets, I hate realising how much it costs altogether! :(

    If it helps, I get mine from mytrainticket.co.uk because they tend to be a bit cheaper and you get a month to return in! Although if you don't travel, you can't get all your money back which sucks.

    Oh and I heard that if you delete your internet cookies, sometimes it can make the prices change!

    (I sound like a right train geek...owhh.)

    ohthesedaysarefast.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow Ashleigh where have you been all my life?! Amazing tips thank you :-) and thanks for commenting xx

      Delete