Sunday 3 July 2011

Revlon Lipstick Haul

Although I'm almost positive you'll be sick of reading about my lipstick collection by now, I feel like I'm on a roll from the past couple of weeks so I'm posting today about my Revlon lip colours. I bought these three way back in early May when they were on 3 for the price of 2 from Boots.
This is Revlon's 'Super Lustrous Lipstick' in shade 353, 'Cappucino'. I usually like my lipsticks to be very highly pigmented and bright (stay tuned for more along those lines...) but when I was browsing Revlon I decided I wanted a calmer, more grown-up colour. This is a lovely shimmery nude which is perfect to wear to those all-important business meetings at work, and it goes on beautifully. No complaints in the mositurisation department, although it doesn't seem to last as long as my other lipsticks but that may be down to it being a paler shade. £7.49 from Boots, its relatively expensive but is a good investment if you're looking for a work make up staple. Linky!
 
I also purchased 2 shades from Revlon's relatively new range of 'Just Bitten' lip colours. The left is shade 'Gothic', and the right is 'Twilight'. I think its safe to say that Revlon are cashing in on Twilight and vampire hype with these products! The concept is similar to a lot of lip stains that are on the market at the moment - you apply the lipstain with one end and then use the moisturising balm on the other end to maintain the colour of your lips. There are 2 key differences with Just Bitten though. Firstly, the lip colour application is like a felt tip pen nib, which is absolutely brilliant for accurate and easy application. I wish other companies used this same nib! The second difference is that Revlon's balm also gives a nice glossy finish, which makes it look like you're wearing a lip gloss over the colour.
Here are the swatches - on the left is 'Twilight' with 'Gothic' on the right. Unfortunately I think the 'Twilight' colour is just a bit too dark for me and against my skin makes me look like one of the undead! The 'Gothic' shade is lovely though, a nice reddy pink that's perfect for glamming up a daytime outfit or wearing on a night out. I love the deep colouring you get with this range and will definitely be looking out for offers in the future so I can get a lighter, more day-friendly shade. The Just Bitten range is available from Boots for £7.99 each. Linky!
xx

1 comment:

  1. i love revlon lipsticks.
    cactusandcucumber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete