Monday 30 May 2011

MUA Lipsticks

I'm a big fan of affordable, good quality ethical make up. Enter Superdrug's new range, MUA (Make Up Academy). I'd heard brilliant things about their lipsticks, so popped in on my lunch break earlier in the week and ended up buying SIX different shades! I effectively bought every shade I liked the look of. I got these 6 beauties for the price of one regular lipstick - smashing value.
Left -> Right shades: 13, 12, 7, 6, 3, 2 (they only have numbers). And this is them swatched in the reverse order:
Left -> Right shades: 2, 3, 6, 7, 12, 13
I cannot recommend these lipsticks enough. Not only are they ridiculously pigmented (as you can see), don't dry out my lips, go on smoothly with no problems, but also stay put for a good few hours without any issues. I LOVE these lipsticks! Cannot fault them.
The packaging is also pretty smart and professional for such a bargain priced drugstore brand. I like the little 'peekaboo' parts at the bottom which accurately show you the colour for each lipstick.
And with the lid off, the silver effect tube means that MUA lipsticks could easily be mistaken for more higher end brands! Superb.
I wore shade 12 to work and received about 20 compliments (from different people of course) on how much my lipstick complimented my skin tone! I then wore shade 13 on a night out on Saturday and it lastest (on top of lipliner) ALL NIGHT without any reapplications!

Overall EXCELLENT value for money, lasting power, and attractive packaging. You have no excuse not to own at least one product from this fabulous new make up range!
xx

4 comments:

  1. The plum one is calling my name! Ta for the swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, if you raved any harder, people'd think you were getting paid...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love MUA lipsticks, think I have nearly all the colours now (eeek). Might check out 12 now though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12 is brilliant if you're prepared to layer up for added pigmentation. Otherwise its a little too pink and shimmery for my liking

    Elspeth xxx

    ReplyDelete