Friday 20 May 2011

E.L.F. mini haul!

I ordered these goodies from E.L.F. in the hopes that they'd be suitable for me to take with me on my interrailing travels this summer! Obviously the weight and size of my usual make up means I can't take it with me, so I've been on the lookout for products that are small but simple to use and suitable for daily use to perk up my face when I'm roughing it in hostels all over Europe! This is what I got:
The Eyelid Primer, Studio Lip Stain, Shimmering Facial Whip in 2 different shades, Tinted Moisturiser & Regular and Waterproof Mascara Duo.
First up is the Eyelid Primer. I'd heard wonderful things about this product from other beauty bloggers and was keen to check it out for myself. I have problems with some of my cheaper eyeshadows creasing and hoped this would be the solution! You apply it to your lid, rub it in with your finger and wait for it to dry before applying eye make up. I apply this to my lid, crease, and also around and under my eye too. I find that this stops my eye make up moving anywhere. I'd really recommend this product - it genuinely does the job and at the ridiculously bargain price of £1.50 you can't go wrong!
Next is the E.L.F. Studio Lip Stain in 'First Date'. I was a bit disappointed by the colour of this stain at first, as it doesn't really match the swatch on the website, however after actually applying it I much prefer the colour provided!
The photo on the right is the colour after using the gloss provided. It's a much more subtle shade than I had expected, more suitable for daywear. I have to say though, despite this being a lip 'stain', it didn't really stain my lips at all. The Maybelline stain that I reviewed a few weeks ago stayed on my lips for about 12 hours. In comparison, you can wipe the E.L.F. stain off easily whenever. Obviously this isn't great, but it was only £3.50 and as a day time lip colour I like it.
This is the Tinted Facial Moisturiser, which has SPF 15 in it! I thought this was ideal for my travels, such a tiny tube and with sun protection built in!
 
I really liked this product, it blends brilliantly into the skin (much the same as more expensive and higher end brands) and for a drugstore product the colour match to my skin tone is very impressive. I haven't worn it for more than one day as yet, so can't comment on whether it clogs pores etc but overall for £1.50 this is such ridiculously good value I can't help but recommend it.
Next up is the Shimmering Facial Whip in 'Camilia'. I intend to use this product as a eye shimmer for nights out when I'm travelling, and perhaps even on the lips. E.L.F. market this product as a three-in-one, suitable for use on lips, eyes and face. I'm not sure about using this one on your face as the colour is obviously a bit out there, but I reckon it'll do the job nicely as an eye colour.
 
 The consistency is a little thick and I find it a bit more difficult to blend than I'd expected, but it does give a lovely subtle shimmer once blended, and again, for £1.50 it's such good value I'm really pleased I tried it!
I also bought the Facial Whip in shade 'Citrus', with the intention of using this as a general face highlighter. I was not disappointed. I can't believe this product is £1.50 and there are other less suitable highlighters on the market for ten times that amount!
 
The shimmering sheen you get with this product is so subtle and perfect for what I want - something to pop on my cheekbones and above my eyes for a nice natural day look! Definitely recommend this one!
Finally, I also bought the Regular and Waterproof Mascara Duo in brown for £1.50, but I have yet to try this one, so watch this space for a review!
Hope this has persuaded you to give E.L.F. a go if you're new to the brand, or try some different products if you're already a fan! You can buy online at www.eyeslipsface.co.uk
xx

1 comment:

  1. i love elf make up products. i didn't really like the duo mascara though. both sides are same, i feel like both sides are waterproof.

    http://www.cactusandcucumber.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete