Saturday 28 May 2011

Pull your skirt up

I did a mega order from Dorothy Perkins last week, as they had 25% off everything online! I bought a few bits for my work wardrobe that I'll post about soon, but just wanted to quickly show you two cute skirts I also got for casual wear!
This lovely butterfly print 50s style skirt was only £17 in the sale, and then I got an extra 25% off! Absolute bargain as I love the print and the different pastels that you can pick out. I've already worn this with a nude vest and my trusty rust blazer, plus my tan cork wedges. Perfect for Spring evening drinks. Linky!
 
I also got this green poppy print skirt in the same design for the same price. I absolutely adore the 50s and I'm really taking advantage of 50s style skirts and dresses being everywhere on the high street at the moment! I wore this out with my white sleeveless blouse that I got from Peacocks a few weeks ago, and a nude cardigan. Linky!
I love the way the material hangs, but I don't recommend wearing it out on a windy day like I did! Needless to say I had a fair few 'Marilyn' moments, but I was wearing nice knickers so no problem!
What's your favourite era for fashion? Have you made any 50s inspired purchases recently?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment