Saturday 21 May 2011

these are a few of my favourite things... #1

I thought it would be nice to share with you all some of my favourite bits & pieces that you might not have seen before. Although most won't be available to purchase any more, it might inspire you to try something different or buy from somewhere new! This is the first of two posts on my favourite things - clothes today, shoes & bags tomorrow!
First up is my trusty red mac! I do not know what I would do without this coat - I chuck it on when it's too cold not to have an extra layer but too warm for a coat, when its raining and I need to keep dry, and usually to cover up my uniform on my way to work! I absolutely love it, and I've had it a total of SEVEN YEARS now! Incredible. I bought it from H&M in a sale for £14.99 reduced from £39.99. Best value investment I've ever made.
Possibly a less good value investment was this leopard print jersey blazer from Topshop. I bought this blazer totally on impulse when I was shopping with my friend last year. I'd just gone through a very nasty break up and was in desperate need of some serious retail therapy. Hence purchasing this for £55! I still can't believe I spent so much! I loved it so much, it was an impulse buy & I HAD to have it (if only because my ex would have hated it!) I don't wear it that often but it's nice to throw on over a cocktail dress on a night out. Seeing it hanging in my wardrobe reminds me of how far I've come in the year since I bought it too!
Now THIS is a blazer that I wear & wear & wear! I posted about this a while back, I bought it from H&M for £14.99 a good few months ago now. I love it SO much. Not only is it a size 6 (always good for the ego!), ridiculously good value & versatile, I always get complimented when I wear it! I love the colour and think it compliments my skintone something wonderful. What a gem.
This baseball-style jacker always gets noticed too. I've had this for just over a year. I bought it from Very (www.very.co.uk) in the sale, and I can't remember how much I paid but it can't have been much more than £15. It was before baseball jackets were EVERYWHERE and I do feel a bit smug that I got in before the fashion followers did! I love it because it's fleece lined so perfect for chillier days when the sun is still out and you want to wear something a bit more summery.
I feel like my denim shirt is an extension of my body. I probably wear it a little too much, but it's the one piece of clothing I own that I feel really is 'me' - if you know what I mean? I bought it a year ago from ASOS (www.asos.comin the sale for something silly like £12, and I adore it. More attached to it than my family. I wear it with the sleeves rolled up, or down, over jeans (double denim!), skirts, shorts, dresses, anything! I wore it throughout the summer over little dresses to keep warm, and even managed to wear it in the winter under a big warm coat. I just love how it makes me feel like myself. A bit bleached/worn/distressed but that only adds to the rock chick feel of the shirt.
& last but definitely not least are these cute little camel tailored shorts, £12.99 from H&M. These shorts are pretty special to me as they are the first item of clothing I ever bought on Oxford St after officially becoming a London resident. They're so cute on, and were a cheap and flexible way of buying into the camel trend that took A/W10 by storm without going overboard or overhauling my entire wardrobe. I love wearing them with fun patterned tights or very sheer black tights (& my denim shirt of course) for a rockier look.

What are your favourite items of clothing? Do you have one coat or jacket that you've had for years and couldn't imagine yourself without?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment