Sunday 20 October 2013

The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter

Well this is embarrassing. I bought this product absolutely ages ago and put it away in my basket of toiletries and then completely forgot about it until I moved house and discovered it hiding! It's the Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter.


I am quite partial to a hair mask every week or so - because my hair is curly it can be prone to breaking and looking frizzy so keeping it moisturised and healthy is one of my biggest concerns. I picked up this hair butter because it's a concept I haven't tried before and I had a discount code to use. What stood out to me the most about this product when I bought it was that it's free from parabens and silicones, which can build up in your hair and cause damage.


Packaging-wise, this is almost identical to The Body Shop's regular body butters, and it smells really similar to them too. It's quite thick and firm in consistency (as you can see in the photo below), and it does feel a little bit strange applying it to hair because it truly seems to all extents and purposes to be a body butter!


I tend to use this when I'm taking a bath, so I can give it a good 15-20 minutes to soak into my hair before washing out. I have to say my least favourite thing about this product is the smell - it smelt nice at first in the tub but once you've got it on your hair and have to leave it there it does become a bit overpowering and not in a good way! In fact I almost stopped using this because I don't like the smell. As for how well it works as a hair butter, I'm also not completely won over. It does leave my hair soft to the touch and it feels moisturised, but it can take a while to wash out and even when it is completely gone my hair doesn't feel quite right.

Overall I am disappointed and don't think I would buy this product again - using it just isn't an enjoyable experience for me and I have tried other treatment masks that I much prefer. I intend to finish up this tub but once it's gone, I'll be looking forward to moving on to something different.

200ml of The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter is £8.49 from your local Body Shop or online HERE.

Are you a fan of The Body Shop? Which is your favourite product?
xx


2 comments:

  1. I spotted this in store and considered buying it. Not sure I will now....I have so many hair masks anyway, and I'm prone to not washing things out properly at the best of times, let alone if they're tricky to rinse away!

    - Tabitha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's a real battle to get it out of your hair xx

      Delete