Thursday 24 October 2013

NYX Blush in Taupe - the perfect contour

If you haven't heard of Estée of Essie Button then I'm not sure where you've been. She is one of my all time favourite beauty YouTubers not least because she's a porcelain princess and has some really good recommendations of products that suit us pale gals. Quite a while ago in one of her videos she mentioned using this NYX Blush in the shade Taupe as a contour, and I ordered it immediately!


Contouring isn't something I have always done. If you're a long time follower of Bee's Knees, you might know that I'm a relative newbie to the world of make up and concepts like contouring were things I found a little bit scary to start with! Thanks to YouTube and brilliant gurus like Estée I now understand contouring but this is the first product I bought to try it out with!


Packaging-wise I have to say, this is pretty cheap looking. I didn't pay over the odds for this and I'm aware that in the US NYX is a drugstore brand and the quality of the packaging reflects this. In practical terms it does the job and closes securely in your hand bag or make up bag, and I do quite like the pyramind print in the powder.


Taupe is the subtlest matte cappuccino colour and absolutely spot on for girls who have pale and almost-transparent skin, like me! I find this is exactly right for contouring because once it's applied and blended properly, it gives a really natural look and to the untrained eye it doesn't look like I'm wearing anything! I apply this using my Real Techniques contour brush and blend with the blending brush. 


It's quite hard to photograph this but I tried! Honestly if you're the kind of girl who is too pale for the more popular contour products and bronzers, I really recommend giving this a try. I picked mine up from a seller on eBay (£7.00 HERE) but you can also find NYX on Amazon (£7.99 HERE). Unfortunately it's not very widely available in the UK at the moment so we are limited in where we can buy it from. You lucky girls in the US!

Have you tried NYX before? What did you think? What's your go-to contour product?
xx


6 comments:

  1. I have recently starting trying out NYX products as well and like you ordered on ebay. I love what I ordered and want more and have noticed my local Next are stocking NYX cosmetics so definitely check yours out to save on delivery charges! Lovely subtle contour colour but would be way too light for me.

    Leigh

    littlepieceofbeauty.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYX have a UK website you can order from now. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cant wait to order some nyx products, they look lovely!

    make-up-your-mindx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete