Thursday 17 October 2013

Autumn Primark Haul

Hi everyone! Today's post is a little overdue - I lost control in Primark a couple of weekends ago and bought a few bits and pieces that I'm sure will be staples in my autumn wardrobe..


First up is this incredible statement spiked necklace. This necklace has so much going on it definitely needs to be worn with an understated jumper or top, but it's pretty amazing and adds that little extra something to most outfits! I think this was about £4 which is ridiculously cheap compared to other high street stores (TOPSHOP!)


Another necklace, this one is slightly more toned down but still adds a particular edge to a plain oversized jumper (i.e. all I ever wear in the winter). It has three different shades of metal which I love because mixing metals is one of my favourite ways to wear jewellery and I can tell I'm going to get a lot of wear out of this all year around. Again I think this was around the £4 mark.


On to oversized jumpers, I bought the big black fluffy Primark cardigan that pretty much everyone owns a couple of months ago and I love it! I wear it far too much and so when I spotted this jumper, my cardigan's fairer and snugglier sister, I couldn't resist popping it in my basket! I don't often wear white/cream but the texture of this jumper is amazing and it's so soft and comfortable on. I've been wearing this with a black skirt and polka dot tights, with one of the statement necklaces I bought worn over the top. It's simple but bang on trend and oh so warm and snuggly for those colder autumn days! Plus this was only £10 which is CHEAP.


By far my favourite jumper already, this royal blue beauty drew me to it like a magnet when I saw it in the shop! It's actually got full length sleeves but I find rolling them up gives it a nicer shape and a bit of structure. This is quite a fitted jumper with a round neck, which I'm not so keen on, but worn with some patterned leggings and statement boots it looks great! And the best thing? This was only £8 - SO much cheaper than similar jumpers I've seen on the high street.


On to shoes and statement boots! I spotted these gorgeous lace up boots absolutely ages ago but they didn't have them in my size. I kept checking back at my local Primark but after a couple of weeks I gave up hope. And then I saw them in a size 6 - bear in mind that I'm usually a size 4 or a 5 in boots (space for socks!) - so I picked up some insoles and they fit fine! The insoles actually make them even more comfortable. These are by far the comfiest heeled boots I own and I've worn them loads already. They're definitely worth the wait, and the £18 I paid for them!


Last but not least are these cut out flats - I saw some very similar to these in Topshop but when on closer inspection I discovered the Topshop ones were made from leather I was heartbroken! So imagine my delight finding these in Primark! I think these were £8 or £10 which is far cheaper than the Topshop alternatives. I've worn these already to a gig with black frill top socks, tights and a black jersey dress and leather jacket. They're surprisingly comfy and sturdy to wear and I'm looking forward to styling them in all sorts of different ways over the autumn months.

Have you had any spending sprees recently? Where did you splurge?
xx


6 comments:

  1. I've got my eye on those fluffy jumpers, I want the burgundy one and the black :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely winter wardrobe essentials :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Those boots are ace and I definitely need some fluffy jumper action in my life! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely need to get my hand on the fluffy jumpers, everyone seems to be wearing them and they look so perfect for a/w! Love the necklaces too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are perfect, at least I think so :) and the jumper/necklace combo is a winner! :)
      xx

      Delete