Monday 9 September 2013

My Top Drugstore Lipstick Picks (guest post)

With apologies for how late this is going up (internet problems) - here's Georgina's latest guest post!
I love natural collection products and their lipsticks are such at steal! At only £1.99 they are creamy and super pigmented! The two colors I have are rose bud and raspberry, a light rosy pink with gold shimmer running through and a mid toned raspberry shade. Such beautiful shades and they last really nicely on the lips, they don't bleed into the lips they just leave a light stain.
Revlon do amazing lip products, so many people love them and the two products I'm going to talk about have been hyped so much and they are definitely worth it! First up I have a Revlon lip butter in strawberry shortcake, these are so smooth and really do feel buttery on the lips. You have to be careful with this shade as it can end up looking a little cakey and as its a true bubblegum pink it wont suit everyone's skin tone! My Revlon kissable balm stain in lovesick is one of my all time favourite lipsticks. I love a long lasting product and this guy stays put for a good 4-6 hours and isn't drying on the lips one bit! Lovesick is a bright blue based fuschia. Revlon can be a bit more expensive then a lot of brands in the drugstore, both of these cost £7.99 each.
I don't own too many products from Rimmel but their Apocalips have me hooked! They are insanely pigmented and again last for an amazing amount of time. Between me and my sister we have have a few shades but my favourite has to be Apocaliptic, It's a bright deep pink shade. These can bleed a little so I would recommend you use a lip liner underneath. These also have a bit of a strange smell so if you hate smells I would give these a sniff before you hand over your pennies! Priced at £6.49.
Lastly we have my favourite red of all time! Although this may not be classed as drugstore it's under £10 so I'm going to add it in! It's from Topshop and it's the most gorgeous deep matte red. At £8 its a bit higher up on the price scale but has good staying power and feels creamy on the lips. This is a must for you if you love matte lipsticks that are not drying and isn't the typical 'classic' red.

Strawberry shortcake, Rose bud, Lovesick, Rasberry, Apocaliptic, Hazard.
Thanks for reading!
Georgina
x


Today's guest post was brought to you by Georgina from PicturePerfectMakeup06!



No comments:

Post a Comment