Monday 2 September 2013

My Top 5 Foundations (guest post)

Hello everyone! I never used to have much makeup and never wore foundation. About 2 years ago I started to notice my cheeks were always red so I decided to invest in a foundation! I now have over 10 foundations and my collection is growing by the day! Enough blabbing, today I am going to talk to you about my 5 favourite foundations.
First up we have Bourjois healthy mix. This bad boy costs £9.99 and is number one on my list. It offers a light coverage but can be built up. I have dry skin and this doesn't collect in any dry patches, it glides on smoothly and gives me a lovely natural satin finish. It contains numerous fruits which are meant to give radiance, hydration and a few other claims. As this foundation is perfumed it has been known to break out a few people, I haven't had a problem with that but just keep that in mind if you are going to buy it. Also it lasts on my skin for about 6-8 hours. I really like the packing, it comes in a plastic bottle and has a pump. You can easily see how much is left in the tube so you know when to rush out and get a new one!
Next up I have is Illamasqua skin base, this is the most expensive foundation I own coming in at £27 however I got mine for £18 when I went on a makeup course. I like to wear this foundation when I want more coverage, it has a medium to full coverage. This foundation comes in an amazing 25 shades so I'm sure there will be one to suit you. Again this comes in a plastic bottle and has a nozzle so easy application. coverage wise it doesn't look thick or cakey, it just looks like skin. Also this foundation does not sit on my dry patches.
My third choice is my No7 stay perfect foundation. This foundation is long lasting and has a semi matte finish. It comes in a glass bottle so can be risky when travelling. This foundation has SPF15 which is great for sunny days and I haven't noticed any flashback in photos. There is only one thing I don't like about this foundation, the shade I have in it leans slightly more pink then I wish it did. As I am yellow toned this can be a problem but as long as I blend properly I'm all good! This is a great foundation for everyday wear that gives you natural looking skin. Retailing at around £14/£15.
Although this next one is more of a tinted moisturiser I thought I would still add it in. Maybeline's dream fresh BB cream offers a very low coverage but gives a gorgeous healthy glow. Not the most long lasting on the skin but great for when your just popping out somewhere. This BB cream comes in a squeezy tube and contains spf 20. The colour selection is awful with only 3/4 shades, I can just get away with the lightest shade when I'm tanned so will be no good for all the pale girls! Pricing is around £6-£8 depending where you buy it from
Finally I have my L'Oreal foundation. I count this one as just my bog standard foundation, for days when I'm just going to work I will use this one. The shade selection is great in this range and they also do 3 tones, cool, neutral and yellow. With this foundation I do have to make sure I apply a lot of moisturiser as it can sit in my dry patches. This one has more of a matte finish then my others but is not completely matte. I do like this foundation but I don't love it, a good one to try if you are just starting out. I got mine from boots and it cost £9.99.
Thank you all so much for reading!
Georgina
X

Today's guest post was brought to you by Georgina from PicturePerfectMakeup06!


No comments:

Post a Comment