Saturday 28 September 2013

Katy Perry Killer Queen Eau De Parfum

It's not often that I'm taken in by advertising and end up buying a product solely based on it's marketing campaign, and I'm really unsure why I have been this time! But safe to say as soon as I saw the adverts and heard about Katy Perry's new fragrance, Killer Queen, I bought it!


Killer Queen is one of my most favourite Queen songs and I love that she's named her fragrance after it! I am a massive KP fan (although I don't like her music) and I don't mind lining her pockets by purchasing her perfume, unlike a lot of other celebrities that have released fragrances.


I bought Killer Queen from The Perfume Shop and it was £28.99 for 50ml (HERE) which I think is a complete bargain - my usual fragrances cost way more than this. I also got a free velvet bag with my purchase (which I don't want so if you would like it leave me a comment and I'll be in touch!)


First impressions of the bottle - I LOVE it! It's such a unique, pretty design I was bowled over by the quality even though it's quite a cheap perfume! I love that the 'queen' theme has been taken right through to the bottle, as this is inspired by a queen's sceptre. It looks stunning laying on its side on my dressing table.

As for the fragrance itself, it's a very strong and powerful scent which is the complete opposite of what I usually go for. The top notes are wild berry, dark plum and bergamot and I have to say it's a delicious scent. It's a very spicy, strong statement perfume that is ideal for autumn and winter as opposed to lighter floral scents that are more suited to the summer months. 

Clearly I am in love with this fragrance, and what really sealed the deal for me is its staying power - unlike the majority of other scents I've used this sticks around and does not budge for the whole day! Admittedly it does fade a little after the first 2-3 hours but hand on heart even when I've worked a 9 hour day at work I still catch the scent which for the price is frankly outstanding.

Overall I would definitely recommend giving this a sniff when you're next in the perfume section of Boots or near a perfume shop. I think it's a bit of a Marmite fragrance because lots of people I've spoken to have really disliked it but I absolutely adore it and can't imagine wearing anything else this winter! And throw in the stunning bottle, incredibly staying power and bargain price tag and you have the best perfume I've come across in a very long time.

You can buy Katy Perry Killer Queen from The Perfume Shop for £28.99 (50ml) with free delivery HERE.
xx


2 comments:

  1. I love the scent of this! It's probably only one of a few celeb fragrances I'd think about purchasing :)

    Sarah | Some Sparkle and Shine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly Sarah, it's bloody good!
      xx

      Delete