Tuesday 9 July 2013

Tuesday Tales #9 - Gentlemen of the Road


Hi everyone! If you follow me on Twitter then you might have seen some of the photos I posted over the weekend. On Saturday Neil and I pottered along to Summer Stampede 2013 / Mumford & Son's Gentlemen of the Road tour at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. As it turned out, it was one of the best days of the year so far because the weather was definitely on our side and it was a scorcher! I thought it would be nice to share some of the day with you on here..


It was a bit of a pilgrimage to get there - the venue was next to the Olympic arena in Stratford which is quite a trek from where I live, plus a 45 minute walk from the tube station to the park! I had pretty achey feet when we eventually got there, but thank goodness the beautiful sun was out and put everyone in good spirits.


The event itself was part of the Mumford and Sons UK tour but it was much more like a one day festival once we were there. Acts included Haim, Ben Howard, and Vampire Weekend but it was so much more than just the music - the site was fantastically designed and strolling around in the sunshine was a great way to pass the time in between music.


I was over the moon when I spotted the Vegan & Veggie van - as a seasoned festival-goer from the age of 11, the veggie burgers from this particular van have been the highlight of many music events so to be able to have one (*cough* two) to munch on made my day!


We spent a lot of time relaxing in what shade we could find - it was around 30 degrees for most of the afternoon and even the most dedicated sun worshippers were desperately seeking shade!


After all the walking we'd done I was really glad I'd made the decision to pop on my old faithful Peacocks shoes instead of the Primark sandals I'd originally planned to wear. I really like my electric blue toes!


We saw Ben Howard and Vampire Weekend (photographed) in the afternoon and both were brilliant. The vibe during Vampire Weekend was the best though, their music really is made for sunny afternoons spent in fields!


Of course Mumford & Sons were the icing on the cake - their set was incredible (with a couple of mood killing songs but we can forgive them for being self indulgent - I think they earned it!) I am a massive Mumford & Sons fan anyway but even Neil who doesn't particularly like them enjoyed the set and the atmosphere was so electric. When they got all the acts from the day back on stage at the end to do Fleetwood Mac's 'The Chain' I think I died and went to music heaven. Fleetwood Mac are one of my favourite bands and that is one of my favourite festival moments of all time!

It took us a whopping 2 hours to get back home after the end of the day but it was well worth the travelling time. I showered as soon as I got in and no kidding, the water was brown. Gross! Obviously the fact that Andy Murray went on to win Wimbledon on Sunday topped off my weekend as well! I hope you had a cracking time too, whatever you got up to!
xx


Follow via: Bloglovin  Bloggers   Twitter   Facebook   She Said Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment