Wednesday 17 July 2013

The Escentual Micellar Water Blind Trial

Hi everyone! So you may have heard already about the Micellar Water Blind Trial which Escentual ran a little while ago. I was lucky enough to be one of the bloggers chosen to take part, and now that the results are out (read them HERE) I thought it would be a good idea to share what I thought of each of the products!


Escentual sent me 7 sample products to try over the course of 14 days - each one in an unmarked glass bottle. I was so excited when I received the samples, I couldn't wait to give them a go! Here's what I thought of each one...


Sample A - DIOR Instant Cleansing Water
The first impression I had of this product was the strong smell - it really smelled like it was full of chemicals, kind of a similar scent to sun cream actually. I didn't think this worked very well at removing my make up, which is the main reason I use micellar water before cleansing. It felt quite harsh on my skin and left my neck extremely dry. Afterward my skin felt normal and there was no leftover residue.


Sample B - Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals 
When the results came out and this was the Nuxe Cleansing Water it didn't surprise me. I found this product to be very heavily fragranced and really floral - which I didn't like because my skin is quite sensitive. However this product was incredibly effective at removing make up and it just lifted off my skin when I swept it over my face with a cotton pad. My skin tingled after using this, and it didn't leave a residue but instead my skin felt very soft.


Sample C - Caudalie Make-Up Remover Cleansing Water
Sample C was a really soft, gentle and sensitive product which smelt really lovely and citrus-y to begin with but after use it left a strange afterscent. It was quite tricky removing make up with this product and I did have to use several cotton pads to get it all off, plus it left my skin feeling quite tacky.


Sample D - Avene Micellar Lotion - Cleanser and Make-up Remover
The Avene Micellar Lotion is one I'd been intending to try even before the blind trial started, so when the results came out and I discovered it was one of the samples I was pretty happy! This product smelt the best of them all, very soothing and like aromatherapy oils. It is also quite thick and nowhere near as watery as some of the other products. So far so good, but unfortunately I found this a really difficult make up remover as the product doesn't wipe off the skin very easily, probably because it's so thick.


Sample E - La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution
This was one of the best products for my sensitive skin as I didn't suffer any tingling or dryness after use. It was very lightly fragranced but nothing too strong and oppressive. This product was very effective at removing make up and afterwards my skin felt soft, fresh with no tacky residue. My second favourite of them all!


Sample F - Bioderma Sensibio H2O - Micelle Solution
As a keen reader of beauty blogs, I have been intrigued by Bioderma for a very long time! When I used Sample F I thought it was a nice gentle water which was unscented and skin to my sensitive skin. But at the same time it was very good at getting my make up off with little effort, and left no residue. My only real complaint is that it left my skin feeling clarified rather than soft, so I thought it might be a bit too harsh for every day use.


Sample G - Vichy Purete Thermale Calming Cleansing Micellar Solution
Now onto my last and favourite of the seven! The Vichy Micellar Solution was mostly unscented save for a very slight chemical-y smell, but I didn't mind too much. It was the most sensitive on my skin, but amazingly also the most effective at getting rid of my make up! My skin was beautiful, glowing and soft after use. Definitely my favourite, I will be purchasing a full size soon to try it out over a longer amount of time!

So my top three were:

1) Vichy Purete Thermale Calming Cleansing Micellar Solution - a soft, gentle but incredibly effective make up remover

2) La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution - a close runner up but a tiny bit more fragranced than the Vichy one, and marginally less effective

3) Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution - a smidge too harsh for me to use on my skin every day, but otherwise a definite all-rounder

For more information on each of the micellar waters featured in the blind trial, check out Escentual's edit HERE - can you spot my comment in one of the reviews? There are also a few offers on at Escentual so you might want to pick up one of the products and save yourself a few pennies!

Have you tried any of these micellar waters before? What did you think of them?
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment