Monday 1 July 2013

SAVE don't SPEND #18

Hi guys. Well things have been a little crazy for me lately. The past few weeks have been so busy I haven't had time to think, never mind blog! I'm hoping to keep on top of things more from now on though, so fingers crossed I won't have to miss any more weeks of blogging.


Monday
4.95 - lunch
£4.95 - total

Tuesday
13.00 - lunch at Pizza Express
£13.00 - total

Wednesday
4.45 - lunch
£4.45 - total

Thursday
12.00 - lunch at Wagamamas (yum!)
25.00 - birthday presents for a friend
4.00 - scented candle from House of Fraser
£41.00 - total 

Friday
NOTHING
£0.00 - total

Saturday
53.17 - massive Sainsburys food shop
£53.17 - total

Sunday
0.00 - NOTHING!
£0.00 - total

TOTAL: £116.57

I'm quite happy with my spends this week. Although it's over my £80/week budget it's for a couple of good reasons - first I've been having expensive 'goodbye' lunches out with work colleagues which has increased my expenses, second it was my friend's birthday so I had to get her presents, and third I did a huge Sainsburys shop on Saturday and stocked up on enough food to last me a couple of weeks! Overall I didn't buy anything 'naughty' and everything was sensible. I think this week will be less because I have training at work all day on Thursday and Friday which includes lunch - kaching! I'm proud of myself for resisting a few unnecessary purchases this week - there was a beauty box I had my eye on that I didn't buy and also a highlighter I wanted. I'm finding it easier to spend less/nothing on beauty things when I'm not on an official 'spending ban' - how bizarre!

I should also point out that my spending diary doesn't include money I'm spending on furniture for the new house, as that's coming out of my savings (SOB). Once we're moved in I'm planning a whole post dedicated to my bargain furniture finds!

Are you trying to save money? How is it going for you?
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment