Friday 6 December 2013

Festive Friday - Five Things

Hi guys! Today's Festive Friday post is going to be a bit of a Christmas overload... now it's officially December and our tree is up I have been going absolutely nuts over festive things! I thought it would be nice to share five things I bought in the past couple of weeks...


You might recognise this from the background of my other Festive Friday posts - it's one of Primark's cosy fleece-style blankets that they bring out for only £5 every year. I have one from last year that's looking a bit dog eared so I treated the house to a new one this year and I adore it. The print is so pretty and festive and it's so comfy to snuggle up with on a cold night.


Another amazing festive print (are you beginning to notice a theme?!) - this onesie was absolutely irresistible when I spotted it in Tesco's whilst doing a food shop. I saw a couple I liked in Primark last week but they were made from a strange material whereas this one is just nice soft jersey. I love the fur-lined hood and pom poms, and it was a bargain at £16. I'll definitely be wearing this whilst unwrapping presents on Christmas morning.


How cute are these little slipper socks?! They're so unbelievably warm and cosy because they're lined with fleecey fake fur, and they're a great alternative to regular slippers because they have anti-slip pads on the bottom. I haven't taken these off since I bought them, I'm really impressed especially as they were only £3 from Primark!


And of course whilst in Primark I had to pick up some Christmassy pajama bottoms! I love the reindeer print on these and of course the navy/red fairisle print goes with absolutely everything else in this post. They were £6 and are made from a lovely flannel material, just perfect for cold winter nights.


Last but not least is this little early Christmas present for myself. I had a really bad day at work a couple of weeks ago and had to escape at lunchtime for some retail therapy. Of course I found myself in the beauty section of TK Maxx and spotted this gorgeous festive Deborah Lippmann gift set for only £14.99!



In the set are these three full sized polishes - Run, Run Rudolph is an amazing fine glitter polish that I will be wearing this weekend. Let it Snow! is a pretty light silver/white colour that's a real classic and Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree is definitely going to be my Christmas day polish this year because the red and green glitter in a black base is just amazing! Love it.

I've never tried any polishes from Deborah Lippmann before so I'm intrigued to see how I get on with these. I've heard lots of good things about the brand, and for £5 per polish it's hardly breaking the bank!

What do you think of my five festive things? Have you been shopping for Christmas themed treasures recently?
xx


4 comments:

  1. I wish I was up to a Primark trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those polishes look beautiful! I saw a rack of holiday-themed polishes at Marshalls and it was all I could do to tear myself away.

    ReplyDelete