Monday 23 December 2013

Bourjois Happy Light Primer - Luminous

Hi guys! Today I am reviewing my first ever product from Bourjois - I have never used anything from the brand before for a number of reasons but picked up the new Happy Light Primer in Luminous a few weeks ago and want to share my thoughts with you!


I'm not really the kind of girl that has time for primers - if you work full time you'll understand how precious a few extra minutes in the morning can be - they can be the difference between being late to work or arriving on time, or even just having enough time for a cuppa before heading out! For this reason I have always been sceptical about using primers because they seem like an unnecessary step in my make up routine that I could do without - until now.


Bourjois Happy Light Primer comes in two options - Matte or Luminous. As I am currently using a powder foundation I didn't think the Matte primer would be beneficial because I don't really have problems with shininess on my face, so I opted to try the Luminous one. I had heard good things generally about this primer, and hoped it would add a bit of a glow to my tired skin and stop me from looking like a corpse this winter!


The effect of using this primer is ever so subtle - it's not something I noticed immediately but once I applied a full face of make up with the primer underneath, I did notice a difference in my skin which appeared smoother and the annoying fine lines around my mouth and eyes were a  bit less visable. It's not a miracle worker and won't make you look like a supermodel, but this primer does give my skin an ever so subtle glow and radiance that simply applying foundation fails to deliver. I only apply 1.5 pumps to my face after moisturising and before applying concealer and foundation, which means this product is going to last me a long time.

I'm not currently using this every day but when I do use it, I notice a difference. It's not a one-product-miracle but if you're on the market for a radiance primer I recommend giving this a go. It's quite pricey at £10.99 - I picked it up on an introductory offer in Superdrug and I'm not sure I would buy it full price, but if you're the kind of girl that uses primers regularly it may be a more worthy investment.

You can pick up the Bourjois Happy Light Luminous Primer for £10.99 in your local Boots or Superdrug, or online HERE and HERE.

Have you tried this primer before? What did you think?
xx


4 comments:

  1. I also had been skeptical with primers before, but now it's part of my daily routine (granted I have a few minutes to spare to do my makeup in the morning). :P Never heard of this brand yet though, i hope it's available locally.

    -Hazel (http://dressmeupbuttercup.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds well worth a try, I'd definitely go for the luminous one, too :)

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete