Thursday 15 August 2013

July Favourites

Hi guys! After a few weeks of moving mayhem, organising the new house and generally getting settled in, I am finally posting my long overdue July favourites! I will update you on everything that's been going on with me and the move soon, but for now here's what I loved throughout July..


There aren't that many favourites for July because I was so busy I really just stuck with products I knew worked for me, and didn't stray too far from my comfort zone.


First up is this Nivea Sun Spray - if you're in the UK you'll remember that July was a really hot month and temperatures in London were pushing 30 degrees for a couple of weeks. When I lived in London I walked quite a lot, which meant I always had to have some sort of sun protection on - even on work days. This Nivea spray was my go-to product for protecting my skin every day, and I loved it! The fact that it's a spray makes it really quick and easy to use even on the most hectic mornings, and the formula is so thin and silky it sinks into the skin almost straight away. Definitely a must-have if you're planning a holiday in the sun.


Another summer holiday recommendation is this hilarious book by Shalom Auslander. I hadn't heard of this book until it popped up on my suggested reading on What Should I Read Next (great website for fellow bookworms!) I bought it second hand and read it in 3 hours straight, it's fantastic, hilarious and just a little bit different!


On to hair care - my Moroccan Oil ran out a couple of months ago and ever since I have been reaching for this Macadamia Healing Oil Spray to keep my hair healthy and strong. It's very similar to Moroccan Oil but I actually prefer the smell of this product, and the small size of the bottle makes it really easy to travel with (I was back and forth from Leeds to London quite a lot in July!) I highly recommend this if you're looking for a hair oil that won't break the bank.


Make up wise, in the hot summer heat there's only one foundation I can tolerate on my face, and that's my old favourite Lily Lolo mineral foundation (I'm the shade China Doll or Blondie when I have a tan). It's just so light and sits on the skin without making you feel greasy or sweaty - definitely a must-have when it's really warm out! Another bonus of this mineral foundation is that it makes your face appear matte and soaks up any excess oils left over from sun block. A real winner for me, I've been using this for years and will post a full review soon!


Last but not least is another make up product, this Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in the shade Honey. I don't like to wear a great deal of make up in warm weather - it just makes me feel sticky and dirty but the Revlon balm stains are so easy to wear they just feel like a lip balm on your lips! Lipsticks are definitely a no-go when I'm hot, maybe it's just me but I feel like lipstick suffocates my lips in warm weather, but the balm stains give you that perfect pop of colour without any of the suffocation! Whilst typing this post I've realised I've never posted a review of the Revlon balm stains so I will try and get one up as soon as possible.

Have you tried any of my July favourites? Which is your favourite?
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment