Friday 25 March 2011

Tantalising tops!

I paid a visit to Oxford St on Monday in the glorious warm sunshine with the sole purpose of finding some cute new tops to wear with my skirts in the Spring season. I was more than just a little successful!
This gorgeous butterfly print jersey top is from H&M and was a real bargain at £9.99! It finishes just below the bust on me so I plan on wearing it with a black vest underneath, probably with my black pleated midi (see previous post) or with my high waisted skinnies.
This beautiful lace top was hard to photograph - its a lovely peachy colour and is pattered in sheer and lace fabric. It was a steal at £12.99, also from H&M, and I think it looks much more expensive on! I think this will look good with a nude or contrasting coloured vest underneath and either high waisted skinnies or my denim tiered maxi skirt (see previous post).
This cute short-sleeved jumper is actually a brilliant layering piece and I've already worn it out this week with my black pleated midi skirt and a gold & teal plaited skinny belt - I really enjoyed the contrasting colours. It's a bit thicker so more versatile in terms of when you can wear it out, but it's not very well fitted so a belt is a definite must! H&M, £12.99 (I think! But might be £14.99 - as I say, I've already worn it out and cut the price tag out!)


I wore this 70s style white lace top yesterday with my denim tiered maxi - obviously really going for the 70s look! I really enjoyed the outfit & got lots of compliments throughout the day! I styled it with the maxi skirt, a white vest underneath and some simple sandals but I think because it's white this top is quite flexible in terms of what you can pair it with - it'd look cute with some skinnies and ballet pumps, for example. H&M again, £14.99. I actually liked this top so much I also bought it in black but I'm not sure whether I'm going to keep the black one or not.
Finally, this white jersey cropped tee, also from H&M for £7.99. This top has tiny little holes all over it so obviously has to be layered with another top underneath. I love its texture and especially want to pair it with my rust midi skirt from Miss Selfridge (see post below) as I think the contrast in fabrics will be really nice! It's sort of an off-white colour too which is a nice change. Bargain!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment