Wednesday 9 March 2011

Staple Skirts of the New Season

I am SO excited about Spring/Summer 2011, especially because of the radical changes to skirt lengths and styles!

I have surgical scars on my knees and I only became brave enough to bare my legs without tights when I was 19! So I've been trying to make up for lost time since by wearing skirts as often as possible! I already have a wide collection but with the retro styles and lengths heading back into the mainstream for the upcoming season, I couldn't resist adding some key staples to my wardrobe.

Absolutely EVERYWHERE on the High St is the midi skirt - and I love it! I think it's a really fresh way of getting your legs out but maintain a demure look. I bought this fabulous midi from Miss Selfridge for £22.00
I also bought a more traditional summer skirt - the maxi - except with another fresh twist as it's denim! I'm a bit of a denim addict anyway, and I love this light shade. I think the tiered effect will look brilliant in the summer sunshine with some sandals and a vest, but it will work equally as well with a blazer in colder weather. £14.99 from H&M. Can't wait for Spring so I can wear it out!
I'm also a bit of a fan of the retro trend, and couldn't resist buying this incredible blue polka dot skirt that sits just above the knee. The colour is just divine, I haven't seen anything the same colour on the High 
St. I'm also in love with the scallop hem and the button details - the shape gives the illusion of having wider hips so it balances me out (I'm top heavy). This was a steal at £19.99, also from H&M.
Finally, I won this gorgeous silky GAP retro print skirt on eBay at auction for £0.99 - incredible steal! I love the way it's fitted at the waist but flares out around the hips - again good for creating shape. The colours are perfect for S/S11 and the red gives it a lovely 70s kick. I look forward to teaming it with a blazer, pumps and some oversized sunnies!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment