Saturday 18 January 2014

A Little Life Update...

Hi guys! Today's post is a bit of a rambly, chatty one that I've been meaning to post for a few weeks. It's been a few months since I sat down and had a chat with you guys about what's going on with me, and so much has happened in that time.


Okay, here goes, I can't hold it in any longer...
I'M* BUYING A HOUSE!!!!!

(*we, technically)

Yep, at last after spending almost my entire life obsessing about houses, perusing RightMove for hours on end, nosying in other people's houses on the street, I am finally taking the steps to become a home owner!


You might remember that I only moved here in August (2013), which was when I moved up to Leeds from London. We're renting out current house but after much uhmm-ing and ahh-ing decided to take the plunge when we found our perfect house for sale. It's not a done deal yet - those of you in the know will understand that there are lots of things that can go wrong with house buying in England, and until you've got the keys in your hand you can't be sure of anything! But we're currently speeding towards exchange with completion due to take place in mid to late February. Because we're renting we're going to keep this house for a couple of weeks after completion so we have some flexibility about moving and a bit of time to paint a couple of rooms and get everything ready.

So fingers crossed (touch wood, etc) in a couple of months' time I will be writing to you from my very own little house! I am so so excited about this big step, whilst still being a bit scared and nervous. This is probably the most serious commitment I have ever made with Neil.. but we're both really looking forward to owning the roof over our heads. If you'd like to hear more about this or see more home-related posts, let me know!

To keep up to date with my moving story follow me on Twitter @ElspethDaisy!
xx

ps. I hope you enjoyed the Fabulous Nails series that finished last Saturday - I absolutely loved sharing my favourite polishes with you and I'm currently planning what will replace these posts on a Saturday morning... watch this space!


4 comments:

  1. Ooh exciting! I can't wait until I finish uni and can start saving up for a house xD
    Would love to see posts about your process, decorating and whatever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'll try and make sure I share as much as I can about this!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, huge congratulations, I'm in the hunting stage now! I hope it all goes well :)

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie :) I hope it goes well for you too!
      xx

      Delete